Last Updated: 05-
So here we are several months into using the table what our are impressions?
What would we Change? What do we like? What do we not like?
If you have been following the build you will notice that the pretty blue slats are no longer pretty or blue and the green water is now black.
We have a fair amount of cuts and time on the table.
We have made about 6 consumable changes thus far and have been getting better than expected consumable life.
Our air filter and drying system is doing a great job of pulling out all of the moisture. When doing our checks for moisture in the final dryer we are not finding any evidence.
So lets break the components down.
Computer System -
Bladerunner Package from CandCNC -
Hypertherm Powermax 65 -
Iplasma Table system from Precision Plasma -
Green Cut Cutting fluid -
The green color was quickly lost, not that matters much. We have had to add water to the table on a regular basis and it is near impossible to tell if we have the correct formulation ratio we are supposed to have. But at this rate and based on the high cost of green cut this is quickly becoming cost prohibitive.
We recently found a company that is manufacturing Plasma Quench under the original formulation. We have placed an order and will be giving that a go as soon as we receive it.
Steel F/X -
We will continue to look for upgrades and options to this package and review them as we use them.
We want to build the side shields for the table to prevent the splash and mess
We plan to show off some of the advanced features with the software from CandCNC
And we are looking to upgrade the system and add and air scribe and a rotary tube cutter.
Look for these additions in the near future.
This is a recent replica steam boat project.